Having recently turned 50 years old and wrapping up my 5th year in business for myself, I’ve been reflecting on the lessons I’ve learned along the way that will continue to serve me as the New Year begins. My hope is that you will find wisdom, inspiration a couple actionable takeaways from this list.
- The older you get the more important it becomes to surround yourself with people who fill your soul.
- Harness the power of purpose. Connect to your calling and act on it.
- Be intentional about everything. Make this a daily and moment-by-moment practice.
- Pause often. To restore, focus and rebalance.
- Your full attention is the greatest gift you can give someone.
- Assess regularly. What’s working? What’s not? Why?
- Stay in the present moment. It’s the pathway to deep knowing, peace and a life of joy.
- Sometimes you just need to trust your gut and take the leap. Gulp and go…
- Laugh often – and loud.
- Always be prepared for the expected – and unexpected.
- The conversation is the relationship. Stay with it – even when it’s difficult.
- Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.
- Never give up on something you really want. Figure it out and enroll allies.
- Celebrate key milestones.
- Dwell in possibility.
Continuing to grow with purpose…