Professional coaching provides the structure, support, feedback, learning and accountability to help people realize their potential.
Often people work with a coach because they want to achieve or create something new in their lives or careers, they feel that something is missing, or they feel they can do better or achieve more. Many people engage in coaching because they want more work-life balance, better relationships, to advance in their career, grow their business or improve their health and wellness.
Coaching creates a relationship to support people in managing themselves more effectively and helps them achieve a higher level of personal and career success.
Working with a coach is a powerful tool when people are committed to personal development and self improvement. People who work with experienced, professional coaches gain many benefits. A study conducted by the International Coach Federation (ICF Global Coaching Client Study, 2009) reported the following:
- Improved self-esteem/self-confidence
- Greater self awareness
- Improved relationships
- Better communication skills
- Less stress
- Improved work performance
- Better work-life balance
- Improved health and wellness
- Expanded career opportunities
- Improved business management
- Better time management
- Improved quality of life
- Greater success setting and achieving goals
The same study also reported 98.5 percent of coaching clients said their investment in a professional coach was well worth the money.
Coaching for individuals includes:
- Executive coaching designed to strengthen leadership, decision-making and communications skills, achieve more impactful results, strengthen cultural alignment, and create lasting organizational transformation
- Leadership and professional development coaching that leverages strengths and mitigates weaknesses, improves interpersonal skills and team performance, and prepares emerging leaders for professional advancement
- Career coaching for the purposes of gaining clarity about the most important qualities of a fulfilling career, aligning personal goals with professional ones, expanding possibilities, creating new opportunities and determining a clear path forward
- Life coaching designed to improve overall well being, minimize stress, achieve greater balance, strengthen relationships, and build a sustainable and achievable vision for the future.
- Equine assisted coaching that provides essential personal and professional insight, transformation and growth through the wisdom of the horse
This very informative video produced by the International Coach Federation and MMP, Inc. highlights why someone may want to engage a coach, what can be expected during the coaching process, and the benefits of working with a professionally trained coach. The 13-minute segment for Corporate Review is aired on Fox Business and Bloomberg TV.
“Coaching with Emily has been a transformative process.”
She’s taught me how to be more accountable to myself, reconnected to me to my core values and put me on a path towards living a more balanced, well-rounded and healthy life. I have discovered a vision, mission, and purpose for my life. Through coaching, I’ve become a much stronger person emotionally and spiritually. I’ve been able to redefine what success means to me and become more open to new opportunities that I would have never considered. Emily has helped me define what I want in a new career and helped me draw boundaries that if crossed, would compromise my new found balance and contentment with life. I feel very fortunate and have immense gratitude to Emily for being an integral part of my journey at this important life stage.
~ Barbara Emener Karasek, Senior Marketing Executive