2017 Mindful Leadership Program – May through October
Leaders in today’s world must find ways to produce outstanding results in an always-on, round-the-clock work atmosphere where distraction, mental clutter and an increasingly complex world can overwhelm vision and cloud strategic thinking.
Mindful leadership starts with the self and is a powerful tool for anyone in a position to influence others – CEO’s, executives and managers, nonprofit leaders and community trailblazers. It invites leaders to explore the possibility of bringing the mind’s entire capacity to each moment cultivating leadership excellence and inspiring the very best in ourselves and others.
This immersive six-month program begins May 2017 and provides a unique opportunity for leaders who are motivated to grow, realize their full potential and thrive through mindful leading.
If you consider mindfulness to be just another buzzword or New Age fad, think again. Mindfulness has been around for centuries and has now made the transition from Tibetan monasteries to the corporate boardrooms of America. In The Mindful Revolution, a TIME magazine article, Kate Pickert says that many see mindfulness “as an indispensable tool for coping—both emotionally and practically—with the daily onslaught.”
Expected outcomes of the Mindful Leadership Program include:
- increased clarity and improved well-being
- enhanced ability to focus on what really matters
- deeper connection to core purpose
- greater resilience and improved capacity to recover from stress
- sustained high performance
- enduring connections with like-minded colleagues
Over the course of four workshops, you will learn how to improve your decision-making abilities, cope more effectively with stressors, and become more resilient. By limiting the workshop to eight participants, Emily has created an environment that will nurture your ability to be more mindful and allow you the space to develop qualities of clarity, focus and compassion in service to those you lead.
Each three-hour workshop will include:
- Lunch that is nutritious, energizing and thoughtfully prepared
- Guided exploration of mindful leadership topics
- Opportunities to reflect on key topics, journal and converse with colleagues
- Exposure to a variety of guided meditation and restorative practices
- Practical approaches to mindfulness that can be incorporated daily into your life and work
- Practice assignments to reinforce your learning
- Supportive emails and reminders between workshops
- Case studies and reference material
Monthly one-on-one executive coaching with an emphasis on mindfulness provides individual support, perspective and accountability to optimize the impact from the program.
One-hour coaching sessions will be scheduled at mutually agreeable times and may be held at Emily’s Lakeland studio, at the participant site (if within 30-minute drive from Lakeland), or via telephone.
The program will culminate with an enlightening weekend retreat. All participants will enjoy a two-night stay in a private bedroom in well-appointed cottages on the shores of Crooked Lake in Babson Park, Florida. During this all-inclusive weekend you will deepen your mindfulness practice, renew your spirit, and practice everyday applications for cultivating leadership excellence in a serene setting.
Weekend Retreat will be held at Crooked Lake Babson Park, Florida
Friday, October 20th at 4:00 through Sunday, October 22nd at 11:00