Now that the joy and frenzy of the holidays are behind us, don’t just get busy, get busy focusing on what matters most over the next 12 months.
Having a productive year doesn’t happen by chance. Intentional reflection, planning and assessing along the way are necessary for realizing your full potential. Here are 7 guidelines for getting 2017 off to a strong start.
- Pause, reflect and assess. What went well in 2016? What didn’t? What was most fulfilling? What wasn’t? What do you want to carry forward into 2017? What do you want to leave behind?
- Reconnect to purpose. What gets you most excited about starting each day? Why does your business exist? What gives you energy?
- Get still and get crystal clear. What do you most want to accomplish in 2017? What does success look like for you, your family and your team? How will you know you have succeeded?
- Be intentional. Each day, before you step into your daily routine, set an intention that will move you closer to realizing your full potential. “My intention for today is… This is important because…”
- Enroll your allies. Share your compelling vision for 2017 with your allies and set clear expectations for those who will play a key role in helping you succeed.
- Anticipate roadblocks. What might get in your way? What old stories might be holding you back? What do you need to let go of in order to move forward?
- Celebrate and acknowledge key milestones. When you’ve accomplished a key milestone, how will you celebrate?
“The chief beauty about time is that you cannot waste it in advance.
The next year, the next day, the next hour are lying ready for you,
as perfect, as unspoiled, as if you had never wasted
or misapplied a single moment in all your life.
You can turn over a new leaf every hour if you choose.”
~ Arnold Bennett
As the year unfolds and moments of frenzy re-emerge, these guidelines will be useful for staying focused, grounded in what’s most important and on track. Here’s to a productive 2017!
Want to learn more about how setting intentions can help you become most productive and fulfilled? Take a moment to listen to my interview with Andrea Oliver at Hall Communications about the power of setting intentions.
Are you ready to expand your range as a leader and enhance your capacity to lead with excellence in 2017? Consider enrolling in the Mastering Leadership Program beginning this February.
Let’s grow together…